Monday, October 5, 2015

Rocking Chair: Third and Final Post

 It's finished!  And I can tell I am glad to be done with it and moving on because I didn't bother to "style" these photos even in the least (or even check to make sure my ISO wasn't set at 3250, ha!).  I did think it would be funny to photograph it in a different room, since I already posted pics of it in the kids' room, dining room, living room, and outside.  But nope, living room will have to do. And, I can't get the wrinkles out of the back cushion.  Oh, well!  Done, done, on to the next one. I really like it without the skirt.  I made both cushions reversible--teal for when we need something more "neutral" (yes, in our house teal is "neutral") and patterned just for fun.  The fabric is the last bit of this I have from a trip to Sarah's in Lawrence in 2011. It was used on the poof in the nursery, then in bunting, then the coordinating fabrics were used for crib skirts and teething pads. As much as I still like those fabrics, I'm glad I got a solid rather than mixing and matching the three patterns for a fourth time. The kids squealed with delight and then fought over it, and now they've completely forgotten about it.  So it goes!
I absolutely over-bought on the teal fabric.  I may or may not be daydreaming about a teal corduroy suit and dress for the kids...

In other news, the adults spent the weekend cleaning out the summer kitchen. I wish the days were a bit longer (or that I didn't have to quit early to run inside to cook!), because we definitely got to a point where we just had to shove things back in.  Most of our energy went into grouping like items, and we'll go back and organize it better.  The bad news is I talked myself out of getting a Raskog utility cart from Ikea for our gardening hand tools. Like every other room in our home, we have an unclear vision for what we'd like the room to be, and no inkling how to get there. The good news is that there is room for me to put my bike and the trailer, so it doesn't HAVE to be in our foyer anymore.  Now, it'll only take me four months to actually move it back out there...

3 comments:

  1. I think that was the longest I had ever Bren in Sarah's at one time. So good! And get the cart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete